Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Blender?

So this weekend I was gifted some potatoes. And by some I mean about 10kg. In short, lots of potatoes.

I gave away a bunch, and still had heaps of potatoes. So, I purchased a bunch more leeks and decided to turn some of the potatoes into soup.


"Well, there's yer problem!"

This morning, I was in the middle of blending a batch in my trusty blender the blender I inherited from my grandmother, when pfffffttttt a bunch of smoke shot out of the bottom, along with some pulverized rubber pieces. I'm no expert, but I'd say that's not good.


So now I have no blender. And chunky soup.


Now I can't decide whether I should get another blender (which I rarely use) or a food processor (which I've never owned before).

Thoughts? Anyone prefer one over the other?

4 comments:

Vince said...

Food processors have more power and are more durable. If you want to mix drinks, get a drink mixer.

Sandi said...

Thanks Vince! That's what I'm leaning towards.

My friends have a drink mixer... it's EPIC.

L.N.J. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
L.N.J. said...

I mostly make breakfast smoothies, but I often wish I could grate a block of cheese in a food processor. I've found recently that the little hand blenders are great for drinks and small amounts of food and they're also fairly cheap. If I were in your shoes, I would probably invest in the food processor and get the small blender on the side for drinks... unless you're mixing for a crowd!