Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines.

I am not a fan of Valentine's Day. Hallmark holidays in general don't really appeal to me; if it takes the mass consumerist ideals of today to validate my relationships, something is wrong. The idea that you have to buy someone things on the feast day of a Christian martyr who was stoned and beheaded for converting people.... doesn't seem right. You should buy someone things because you want to, not because of guilt.

That being said, there are two things I like about Valentine's Day... cinnamon hearts and corny valentines.

Cinnamon hearts are my favorite candy. By far. Pretty much my crack.

As for corny valentines... the cheesier the better. (I once saw a Bob the Builder valentine with Scoop on it saying "Let's hook up!"... what's not too love?)

The power of the internet has introduced me to the fabulousness that is nerdy science valentines... the best of which can be found here... and here...

2 comments:

L.N.J. said...

Ha! I LOVE those geeky valentines! I have big smiles :)

JD said...

I know you posted this a month ago, but I thought I'd put in my two cents worth. Mass consumerist ideals is right!! But yes, I do love cinnamon hearts myself ;)