Sunday, February 19, 2012

Symphony.

I went to the symphony yesterday, for the first time in my life.

And I loved every minute of it.

The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra put on a performance of "Disney in Concert" today, and it was fantastic. Mostly instrumental, with some imported Broadway talent to sing a few key pieces, and (since it was a very-child oriented show) a little sing-a-long for the Mary Poppins overture and (everyone's perennial favorite!) It's A Small World.

From here.
I am not ashamed to admit that I got a little teary during the opening medley. Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah tends to do that to me. So what?

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Never been to the Symphony!?!?!? You should come to Symphony under the Sky with us this year - it's always fantastic!

Sandi said...

Problem with Symphony under the Sky is it's on a weekend that I am always busy!