Saturday, January 25, 2014

Invalid.

So... I sprained my ankle last weekend.

For the past week, I have been incapable of putting on actual shoes, going down stairs slower than 90 year old men, mooching rides off friends and coworkers  (hello, yesterday's ride home in a Jag...) and being generally laid up.

It's particularly hard for me to stay off my ankle. Don't get me wrong, I love to rest, relax, and be lazy with the best of them... But only when I want to. When I have to?? It drives me nuts. 

Hasn't been too bad at school all week, but a weekend at home with no car? Sheesh. I did all kinds of things around the house today when I probably should have been sitting with my foot up... I realigned the drawer under my stove... Checked the fluids in my car (coolant is low)... Did three loads of laundry.... Rearranged some of the pictures on my walls (which included moving these prints by the art teacher at my school into the hallway where they can be appreciated more than in my room)....

Many more days like this and I will have all my Spring cleaning done... in the dead of winter. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A sprained ankle really does hinder a person in performing physical tasks. Merely walking deals great amounts of pain. How is it now? I hope you're recovering more quickly than expected, Sandi. If ever you feel worse or if the pain is coming back frequently, you can drop in at a trusted clinic and have it checked.

Vanessa Adams