Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Still An Invalid...

Sort of. I can drive. I can (sort of) do stairs. I can wear certain pairs of shoes... I am on the way to being better!

Progress can sometimes be a very slow thing, whether it's a sprained ankle or the students in my classroom. We started a new semester last week, so it's been pretty busy lately. 

My classes consist of boys. Lots of boys. As one coworker described looking out over my block 2's, "that is a sea of dudes." Out of the 85 students I have in a day right now, 19 of them are girls. Just the way the cookie crumbles. 

Having such a massive gender divide in the class does funny things to the dynamic, but I have a lot of fun with boys. (Easier to handle than the semester long slumber party that was the class of 5 boys and 25 girls. Every time I turned around, hair was being braided). 

We've just finished with the getting aquatinted and doing review stage, and come up with the following class motto. I think it will be my motto for 2014 in general. 


No comments: