Monday, February 25, 2013

Waste?

I have decided that I should use this forum to document and share the adorable, hilarious, inane, and downright weird things that happen in my classroom. Just whenever a good one liner strikes. Things like that.

Today, after having a speaker into my CALM class (career and life management) to discuss post-secondary, my students were asking me questions.

Boy: "What did you take other than education classes in university?"

Me: "I majored in physics and chemistry, and did a minor in biology."

Boy: "So how does it feel to know you wasted all that time and money on something you don't use?"

Me: "Boy, I teach science."

Boy: "...Really?"

No. The big periodic table on the wall is just there because I like it.

I sometimes wonder about the youth I am about to unleash on the world.

No comments: