Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Pickles.

I don't want to brag or anything, but having summers off is the BEST. When else am I going to ever find time to do all the little crafty, creative things I get the urge to do during the rest of the year, but couldn't possibly fit into my schedule?

Lately, pinterest has been an increasing distraction source of inspiration for me. I have decided to actually try out some of these things, instead of just coveting other peoples pins and pictures. (Not to say I intend to try out EVERYTHING I find... just the things I think would be worth my time. And not super expensive.)

Last week I went to the farmer's market to pick up some dill and pickling cukes because I wanted to try out this recipe for homemade pickles. Since they claim to be the "best dill pickles EVER" and require no canning, I thought it would be worth a try. (Two summers ago I made mustard pickles that needed to be canned, and while they turned out awesome, canning was a huge pain in the behind.)

They actually turned out really, really well! Not sure if they quite deserve the title or the capitals, but they were really very tasty. And retained a nice crunch since the brine is added after cooling.

This one's a keeper!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I must come over to try these!

Sandi said...

Please do! I miss your face.

J_Ba said...

So awesome, Sandi! My jealously is running rampant haha