Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Cherries.

I was in the grocery store the other day, and felt incredibly inspired while walking past a display of BC cherries. I've never made a cherry pie before, but I recently got some small tart pans with removable bottoms, and visions of mini cherry pies danced in my head (like sugar plums... Only less vague)

The whole process would have been much easier if I had a cherry pitter, but since I don't, and wanted to chop them up anyways, I got in there with a knife and my fingernail and made a giant mess. But also some lovely pie filling.

The making of the pies was so much fun. I decided to also try a lattice top, which is far easier than it looks.

The end result? The most adorable bake goods I have ever made.

1 comment:

J_Ba said...

OMG! Sandi! I'm in looove with these! You're so very talented! <3