Friday, July 6, 2012

Fried Pickles.

I love pickles. This is no secret. Still, I was a little skeptical about this recipe that I encountered on Pinterest. Fried pickles? Really?

Dill doesn't come pre-sliced.

Goodness, they were delicious. I made a small batch to test them out, and ate them all rather quickly. The only change I made to the recipe other than halving the batter was that I used dill pickles. I imagine the jar of sliced pickles the author refers to is bread and butter. I'm a dill girl all the way through.

Pre-baking.

I used two cooling racks to achieve the double sided broiling as the panko crumbs were a little fragile. When it was time to flip them over, I placed the second cooling rack on top, and flipped the whole thing at once. Worked like a charm!

Dipped in store-bought ranch.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

They do sounds crazy at first, but really anything with pickles in it can't be bad!! I've had them fried in cornmeal too which is really good!

Sandi said...

I will make them for you soon!