Monday, December 26, 2011

Meat.

Well, Christmas is over, and the manic consumerism that is "Boxing Week" has begun.

After a lovely and relaxing (if slightly marred by the flu) Christmas with the family, I am looking forward to the New Year and all the new beginnings it offers. New beginnings come from endings, and I am currently mourning the ending of something special to me...

... my favorite butcher shop is closed.

That's right folks, Bashaw Meats and Sausage has closed it's doors.

Along with the other new opportunities 2012 will have to offer, I shall embark on a quest to find a local, small-town butcher shop to replace Bashaw. Specifically looking for one not too far away, that makes excellent pork breakfast sausages.

With a slogan like "You can't beat our meat", how could you go wrong?
End of an era. They just don't make 'em like that anymore.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

You could try the one close to the BBB - I think it's called Smokin' Iron Farms. And of course, there is always the farmer's market!

Sad to see the Bashaw one go!

Dominique said...

WHAT!!!! How did i miss this happening?! brutal, that's sad. Anyway I wanted to tell you I got your text and I got TONS of new Christmas stuff for my kitchen, so we'll have to chat and catch up :)

Sandi said...

Thanks for the tips, Lindz! There is apparently a good one on the other side of Ponoka. I'll just have to try them all!