Monday, December 5, 2011

Decorations.

I was having a rough week last week (just some of those days, you know?) and two things made me feel heaps better....

1. I bought myself flowers. Flowers just make me so happy! (I love my plants... but none of them are flowering right now...)

2. We decorated the house for Christmas!
Our Christmas tree is so tall and skinny and silly looking because it was meant for an apartment building. Nothing says Christmas like saving space!














Because our tree came pre-decorated with pine cones and holly berries (which I found out Saturday night at 10 pm) we decided to keep the decorations simple and minimal. My parents gave us the old decorations from our childhood tree (which were old then) and we put up the cute little wooden ones. ... and a few other gems.

Because nothing says 'festive' like the Christmas Steam Boat.
Or the Christmas Winnie the Pooh...
I think my grandmother knit a whole trees worth of these one year... We had to put up at least one.

No comments: