Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wintertime.

Well, yesterday was my brother's birthday. Which means it is offically the Christmas season as far as my family is concerned! We always wait until after his birthday to decorate and all that jazz.

Yesterday the family went to dinner at Ruth's Chris Steak House downtown, for what was pretty much the most expensive meal of my life. (And this from the girl who once spent 31$ on a drink in Monaco.) It was fabulous, don't get me wrong, but it's the kind of place where you ask yourself "Should we get the wine, or pay the rent this month?" After we ordered some mouth-watering desserts (of course my mother and I shared the cheesecake), we found out that the restaurant does a birthday dessert, and we got this sampler tray.  Chocolate mousse, berries in cream, and bread pudding in a whiskey sauce. SO. GOOD.

Awesome tree at my parent's house. *
My father really loves to decorate the house for the holiday season. Just last week he turned on the big tree out front, which has almost 1500 lights on it! (For a size comparison... that is my car in the bottom right... and tha lamp post is atleast 25 feet tall!) You can see it from quite a ways away, because it's taller than the neighboring houses.

We finally got snow, but the weather has been really mild. If my life wasn't so busy, I would be outside enjoying it! These snowmen are courtesy of the neighbor kids at my parent's. So adorable.


*Kate has been trying to figure out why some of my pictures won't rotate... I wish I could credit her here, but this one worked all by itself!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

There is a gigantic tree in our neighborhood that is also decorated top to bottom on my walk home and I just adore it.