Sunday, April 27, 2014

Balls.

A friend gave me a recipe for some breakfast protein balls, that I absolutely love. They are the perfect, easy go-to food when I have zero time in the morning (which is all the time).

I just have no idea what to call them. My family has just taken to calling them "balls", which is fine because apparently we are all 10 year old boys at heart, but I feel like they deserve another name....

Josee's Protein Balls 
2 C oatmeal
1 C ground flax
(Take some out if adding chia seeds, hemp hearts or sunflower seeds. As long as you have 3 C of dry mix)

1 C raisins/ craisins

1 C nut butter (I've only tried them with peanut so far)
1/2 C honey
2 tsp vanilla

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Liberally grease your hands with coconut oil, and roll into 1" balls. Place on cookie sheet in fridge until set, and store in fridge in an air tight container. 


No comments: