Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Paperback.

When the weather looks like this...
 
 ...I like it when my evenings look like this.
 Tea and a book... What could be better?

Oh my gosh. I loved this book. I also cried like a baby, and felt like that meme about experiencing emotional trauma at the hands of a paperback explains my life so well right now. Or maybe this one. I bawled. A lot.
http://weheartit.com/entry/2796225
I don't want to talk much about the book, because I feel like it is intensely personal. Some people connect with it, some people feel like the dialogue of the protagonists is not age accurate... I personally wasn't bothered by the latter. Augustus' obsession with metaphorical resonance was enough for me - even though they are teenagers, his, Hazel, and Isaac's insight is that of someone far older due to the life experiences they have had that other teenagers have not.

But my favorite quote from the book comes from Van Houten, and sums up how I've been feeling lately:
http://www.redbubble.com/people/connieyu23/works/10717493-tfios-what-a-slut-time-is-she-screws-everybody?p=sticker

No comments: