Saturday, May 4, 2013

Corn Flakes.

Spring this year is all about change for me. Ken moved out, and this week I'm getting a new roommate (an awesome coworker). My job status for the fall is unknown, which causes me all kinds of anxiety. School year is winding down, but there is still so much to do, so many shows to go to, grads coming up super quick... Sheesh!

Sometimes you just need to take a step back and enjoy the simple things in life. I hung out with my mom today, and did some baking. Made some pies for a family thing, and made a treat I haven't had in ages..

We used to make toffee flakes (corn flake stacks according to Heather) all the time. But years ago when they stopped making the full bars of Mackintosh toffee, I figured we were out of luck. Not long ago, my dad found small pieces of Mackintosh toffee, but I had no clue how much to use. Thanks to a (different, but still awesome) coworker, I now know how much to use! So happy! I can make the awesome cereal bars again!

Toffee Flakes

2 bags of Mackintosh toffee pieces (1 bag is equal to 3 of the old bars)
3 T butter
3 T milk
6 C corn flakes (although I ran out, and used kamut flakes instead)

Melt together toffee, milk and butter over low heat until smooth. Stir in corn flakes. Drop in small piles on a lined cookie sheet and cool.

Try not to eat them all at once. Mmmm. Tastes like childhood.



2 comments:

Dominique said...

Those were seriously DAMN good. I'm glad I get to go to your family things now so I can get in on toffee or pie things like this..oh and because your family is awesome.

Sandi said...

Glad you liked them. I could eat the whole batch at once.

And I like you at family things too :)