Thursday, April 26, 2012

Smoothie.

I'm not entirely sure why, but I have been craving smoothies lately. After making a strawberry/rhubarb/assorted other berry pie, I had lots of leftover juice and fruit. (Convenient side effect of using frozen berries... there will be LOTS of juice.)

I made some tarts with some of the leftovers, but that only worked until I ran out of crust. I put the rest of the juice (there was a bit of sugar and cornstarch in with it) in the fridge until I decided what to do with it.

I ended up getting inspired to buy bananas and greek yogurt, and made myself a smoothie. Which was divine.

Rather than leave the rest to be forgotten about (bananas do not have a quick turn around in my house) I decided to make lots of smoothie, and store it in a mason jar in the fridge.

Genius. Takes no thought in the mornings.

Flowers in a re-purposed ice wine bottle.

No comments: