Saturday, March 24, 2012

Baking Adventures.

Well, it's Spring (even though it's snowing buckets here) and that means wedding season is around the corner!

I am once again making cupcakes, this time for my friend Gina's wedding. Her colors are yellow and grey, and I had a stroke of inspiration to make lemon cupcakes (and the perennial favorite, chocolate) in foil liners.

I didn't have a lemon cupcake recipe, so I tried out this one (but added about two teaspoons powered lemonade and a hint of yellow food coloring) with Dominique and Amy last weekend, and it was GOOD. Super lemony, very moist, and overall delightful.

The icing doesn't look too yellow here, but my plan is to ice both the lemon and chocolate with yellow icing.

The challenge at this point is going to be making and getting them to Calgary looking pretty, since the wedding is the day after the last day of school!

Photo taken by Dominique!



No comments: