Saturday, January 28, 2012

Key Lime Pie.

At the beginning of January, my dear friend Heather came up to visit me from Calgary. We have been BFF's since about Kindergarten, and even if we don't get to see each other as often as we'd like, I always try to make some time to hang out. We have always enjoyed cooking and baking together, and the weekend was no exception. For dessert, we made the easiest Key Lime Pie recipe (her mother's) with the Key Lime juice she brought me back from Florida. It's super light and would be excellent in the summer time, but it was delightful even in January.

Some day I will try making a baked key lime pie (you know... the one with 8 egg yolks?) but I would probably put this on top instead of a meringue.

Easy Key Lime Pie

1 container Cool Whip
1 can condensed milk
1/3 C key lime juice

graham cracker crust

Allow the Cool Whip to thaw (this takes the longest). Mix together the first 3 ingredients. Pour into the graham cracker crust, and refrigerate until firm(er). Enjoy!

Told ya it was easy.

No comments: