Saturday, July 19, 2014

Beginnings & Endings.

When I first started blogging, I wanted to do something akin to online journaling/scrap booking - keep track of what I was doing, thoughts on various things...

I used to journal a lot when I was younger. But as I got older, I found that if I missed some time, getting back into it always felt awkward. The longer it got left, the less inclined I felt to start again. What do you say? Address the length of time it's been since the last entry? Pretend the last two months didn't happen?

That is just ridiculous - the last two months have been so amazingly busy - my brother got married to one of my best friends, I have a job for sure in the fall (which is SUPER exciting - and makes for a significantly less stressful summer), I am going to Quebec next week... Do I spend a large amount of time recapping?

While I may be a little bit older, my blogging habits are exactly like my journaling habits. The longer I do not write anything, the less excited I am about writing something new.

So I am unsure about what to do with this blog - it has served me well as a outlet for the past few years, but I think it is time to try something else. I might get it printed into a book. I might not.

At the urging of my principal I have been experimenting with twitter to keep me in touch with the education community and news, and at the urging of my friends I have become a bit addicted to Instagram to record little moments throughout my week. If you've enjoyed reading anything I've written, you can find me on either of those platforms under the moniker "thegingerjohnsn" - a nod to the nickname my MUN students gave me.

Thanks, blogger. It's been fun :)

No comments: